Oh, the lies McCain hides in his Palin. If you don’t understand his threat you won’t understand this utterly scathing exposition of McCain/Palin.
No, it’s not personal, lipstick on a pig, but it’s a rallying cry against the McCain Campaign and says nothing worse than, well, the Republican plank is lipstick on a pig.
Andrew Sullivan ranked at the top of the hit count today for his article at The Atlantic: “For me, this surreal moment – like the entire surrealism of the past ten days – is not really about Sarah Palin or Barack Obama or pigs or fish or lipstick. It’s about John McCain.
“The one thing I always thought I knew about him is that he is a decent and honest person. When he knows, as every sane person must, that Obama did not in any conceivable sense mean that Sarah Palin is a pig, what did he do? Did he come out and say so and end this charade? Or did he acquiesce in and thereby enable the mindless Rovianism that is now the core feature of his campaign?’
A better media would open McCain’s cocoon to provide our electorate information about Rove and more than one hundred career lobbyists leading a cynical and low-hearted campaign. Here’s the list with few wanting the light of attention.
– Rick Davis, campaign manager, has lobbied for Airborne Express and DHL on their controversial merger deal, as well as telecom companies Bell South/SBC and Verizon.
– Charlie Black, senior advisor, lobbied for more than 100 clients, including Yukos Oil and Freddie Mac.
– Randy Scheunemann’s lobbying clients have included BP Amoco and the NRA.
– Nancy Pfotenhauer, senior policy advisor, is a former Koch Industries lobbyist.
– Frank Donatelli, the McCain campaign’s director at the RNC, has had 70 clients including PHARMA, Pfizer and Exxon Mobil.
– John Green, congressional liaison, has lobbied for at least 150 clients, including insurance industry trade groups, predatory lender Ameriquest, Chevron Texaco, Fannie Mae, and Freddie Mac.
– Wayne Berman, campaign vice-chair, finance co-chair, and advisor has also lobbied for almost 100 clients, including Ameriquest, Fannie Mae, the National Rifle Association and American Health Insurance Plans.
SOURCE: Lobbying Disclosures, US Senate Office Of Public Records
McCain’s integrity is the big lie in this election.
Party loyalty is a mistake.
Republicans, please help me understand you. I hear you smack down anyone who supports the concept that global warming is a real issue, that we need to fix fuel and driving, that women should be able to own the body they walk in, that we need to reduce pollution in the air we breathe, and the damaging way we produce our food. When you brand these ideas as liberal lunatic rantings, do you intend to say that you would like dirty air, water, and food? You’re pleased with the price of a gallon of gas?
- Who Are the Authoritarian Followers?
- The Roots of Authoritarian Aggression
- How Authoritarian Followers Think
- Authoritarian Followers and Religious Fundamentalism
- Authoritarian Leaders
- Authoritarianism and Politics
- What’s To Be Done?
Here’s Professor Altemeyer’s free book: The Authoritarians. Authoritarians may be “The greatest threat to American democracy today.”
Read it then throw it down because identification with imaginary collectives, Americans, Palestinians; there is no thing there but preconception, just people.