Republicans believe that President Obama:
- Is a socialist (67%)
- Wants to take away Americans’ right to own guns (61%)
- Is a Muslim (57%)
- Wants to turn over the USA to a one world government (51%); and
- Has done many things that are unconstitutional (55%).
Also large numbers of Republicans believe that President Obama:
- Resents America’s heritage (47%)
- Does what Wall Street and the bankers tell him (40%)
- Was not born in the United States, not eligible to be president (45%)
- Is the “domestic enemy Constitution speaks of (45%)
- Is a racist (42%)
- Will use economic collapse or terror to take dictatorial powers (41%)
- Is doing many of the things that Hitler did (38%).
Fully 24% of Republicans believe that “he may be the Anti-Christ” and 22% believe “he wants the terrorists to win.” Source: Harris Poll Interactive
Wingnuts ! What do we know, what will we do?
Take The Wingnut Quiz !
The author of Wingnuts: How the Lunatic Fringe Is Hijacking America, John Avlon responds, “Wingnuts are hijacking our politics. This poll should wake-up all Americans about the costs of using fear and hate to pump up hyper-partisanship.
“Wingnuts always forget – patriotism is more important than partisanship.”
And what about organizing Wingnuts?
Secrets of the Tea Party: The Troubling History of Tea Party Leader Dick Armey
In the spring of 2009, groups calling themselves TEA, or Taxed Enough Already, were planning rallies to protest wasteful government spending. By the time Tax Day rolled around, over 300 protests were under way in all 50 states. More than 100,000 people took to the streets, gathered in parks and city centers with signs, slogans and costumes evoking America’s revolutionary past.
They marched on Washington, organized by the man behind the Tea Party. From the base of the Capitol, Dick Armey addressed the crowd with his wife Susan by his side. They were there together, he said, for the future of their grandchildren.
FreedomWorks chairman, former House Majority Leader and retired lobbyist extraordinaire.
Dick Armey is their de facto leader.