Our Pentagon spends more than all 50 states spend on health, education, welfare, and safety.
The debt is exploding why?
• The pentagon consumes 80% of individual income tax revenue.
• The Pentagon is almost 50% of the world’s total military expenditure.
• Defense spending doubled while US economy shrunk.
• America spends more on its military than the next 15 countries combined.
• Cash ‘lost’ in Iraq could pay 220,000 teachers salaries.
• Land area of US bases is bigger than DC, Massachusetts and New Jersey.
• Each day in Afghanistan costs more than it did to build the entire Pentagon.
Methinks there’s something very wrong here. No? Our wish to invest in ‘policies strengthening peace’ is poorly thought out and outright out of hand.
What a terrific conundrum we are America.