In the last eighteen years, the number of people adhering to healthy habits has decreased from 15% to 8%:
- the percentage of adults aged 40-74 years with a body mass index greater than 30 has increased from 28% to 36%;
- physical activity 12 times a month or more has decreased from 53% to 43%;
- smoking rates have not changed (26.9% to 26.1%);
- eating 5 or more fruits and vegetables a day has decreased from 42% to 26%;
- and moderate alcohol use has increased from 40% to 51%.
Americans are not trying to be healthy?