McBush lists his goals to 2013:
- less violence in Iraq and Afghanistan,
- Osama bin Laden dead or captured,
- spending curbed by veto,
- flat tax,
- temporary worker program,
- British-style question periods in Congress [!],
- end of mindless, paralyzing partisan rancor [!],
- end of permanent campaigning [!],
- a “League of Democracies” to replace the UN [!],
- halt ‘signing statements’,
- charter schools,
- more commercial health care,
- 20 new nuclear reactors.
McCain said: “The Iraq war has been won. Iraq is a functioning democracy…” and also denied the war would be won by 2013 because there’s no timetable.
“Campaigns and the media collaborated as architects of the modern presidential campaign, and we deserve equal blame for the regret we feel from time to time over its less-than-inspirational features,” he said.
Sums it up I think.
And oh yes, he announced his campaign for a second term. [story]